IGUAZU FALLS (3 NIGHTS)
Enhance your cruise and extend your trip with a carefully designed programme.
With this rich and varied programme, you can discover the highlights of Argentina's seductive and exciting capital, before leaving to explore the spectacular Iguazu falls.
Day 1 - Buenos Aires
Check-in at the hotel Alvear Art Hotel (or similar).
Lunch will be served at the hotel. Early afternoon free.
At the end of the afternoon, start your panoramic city tour of Buenos Aires. The metropolis is famous for being the "Paris of South America" and the visitor will quickly figure it out by looking at its architecture. Down town and in the central neighbourhood, you will find testimonies of its glorious past.
You will visit the heart of the city, May Square (Plaza de Mayo), with the Government House (Casa Rosada) the cathedral, and the City Hall and the Rose Garden of Palermo.
You will visit the northern part of Buenos Aires. The Recoleta neighbourhood with its French style wide avenues, parks and residential houses contrasts with the "Barrio de La Boca". Here, you will visit the unique monumental cemetery, where Evita Perón and other historical people are buried.
At the end of the day, you will attend a typical dinner in a local steakhouse restaurant in Puerto Madero. After tasting the famous grilled meat, part of the Argentine national identity, you will return to your hotel.
Day 2 - Buenos Aires/Iguazu
You will be transferred to Buenos Aires airport for the flight Buenos Aires/Iguazu selected by PONANT
At your arrival at Iguazu airport, you will be welcomed and transferred to a local restaurant for lunch.
Your visit of Iguazu National Park will start on the Brazilian side. It offers a panoramic view on this set of vertiginous falls, where you will realize then the size of the site. A walk of about one kilometre will take you the bottom of the falls.
A natural border between Argentina and Brazil, the Iguazu River flows into the falls in 275 waterfalls, listed as UNESCO World Heritage. The Iguazu National Park, is located in a privileged place in the middle of the rainforest, offers you a marvellous show, with a fauna and a flora of astonishing diversity.
At the end of the day, transfer to the Gran Meliá Iguazu (or similar).
Dinner and overnight at the hotel.
Day 3 - Iguazu Falls
Today your visit will proceed on with the Argentinean side of the Park. Narrow foot paths lead you through the rainforest and while you walk over bridges you discover new spectacular views of the waterfalls at each step. There are two main paths: an upper and a lower one. The upper path leads you over the edge of the falls. There you can appreciate the height up to 240 ft, and the contrast of the quiet water that turns into these spectacular rushing waterfalls under your feet. The lower path goes through the forest and reveals marvellous sights among the vegetation. You may see birds, butterflies and the famous coaties.
Lunch will be served in a restaurant.
At the end of the visit, you will head back to the Gran Meliá Iguazu for dinner.
Overnight at the hotel.
Day 4 - Iguazu/Buenos Aires
Breakfast followed by morning at leisure.
Lunch in the hotel.
Then, you will be transferred to Iguazu airport for the PONANT selected flight Iguazu/Buenos Aires airport.
You will then be transferred to the hotel included in your cruise to start your programme.
The Alvear Art/Buenos Aires
Alvear Art Hotel is located in the heart of the city's commercial and cultural district, next to the historic Plaza San Martin. It is a few steps from theatres and art galleries.
This hotel with its urban design has elegant and contemporary rooms with luxurious marble bathrooms. The hotel also has a restaurant and a bar with a warm atmosphere and international cuisine.
Gran Meliá Iguazu 5*/ Iguazu
In the heart of the Iguazu National Park, the Gran Melia Iguaçu hotel invites you to experience an authentic stay facing one of the Seven New Wonders of Nature.
With art craft made by regional artists, the hotel offers comfort, peace and tranquillity while admiring the panorama of the Iguazu Falls.
You will enjoy the Argentinian restaurant, an infinity pool and tennis courts.
Rooms with views of the Iguazu falls are also available depending on availability and on a supplement basis. Contact your travel professional for further detail.
Your programme includes:
- 1-night accommodation in Buenos Aires, at the Alvear Art Hotel or similar, with early check-in on day 1 (after 11am).
- Hospitality desk on the morning of Day 1, with English-speaking assistance.
- 2-night accommodation in Iguazu, at the Gran Melia Iguaçu (or similar).
- Flights Buenos Aires/Iguazu/Buenos Aires in economy class.
- Meals and beverage package (mineral water + 1 soft drink or 1 beer or 1 glass of wine + 1 tea or 1 coffee) as mentioned in the programme.
- Transfers and visits mentioned in the programme.
- Entrance fees to both National Parks.
- Services of local English-speaking guide.
Your programme does not include:
- Transfer from the airport to your hotel.
- Lunch on Day 1.
- Personal expenses.
- Other services not mentioned in the programme.
- The local currency is the Argentinian Peso. You will be able to make most of your purchases in USD (in small denominations) or by credit card, accepted in most hotels, shopping centres and boutiques. You will also be able to retrieve Pesos from the ATM's. In Iguazu, on Brazilian side, you can also use USD small denominations.
- Lunch on Day 1 is at leisure and not included in the program. If you wish to have the meal at the hotel, the corresponding price will be added to your hotel room account, to be paid upon checkout.
- Please note that your main luggage will be stored at Alvear Art Hotel the day you will fly to the Iguazu Falls, we recommend you pack in a small carry on only what you need for the visit and the stay at the Falls, you will retrieve your main luggage upon returning to the hotel when back from Iguazu Falls.
- A private transfer from the airport to the hotel can be organized at a supplement. It is imperative that your flight departure details are communicated at least 15 days prior to the beginning of your cruise, in order to secure the proper meet and greet service at the airport.
- An additional night is possible, upon request and depending on hotel availability. Please, contact your travel agent for further detail.
Important note about Brazil:
This programme includes a visit to the Brazilian side of Iguazu National Park. Should you require a visa for Brazil, we recommend you start the application early.
Citizens whose nationality requires a visa for Brazil and who prefer not to go through visa expense and formalities, may prefer to forego the visit to the Brazilian side. In that case, you will enjoy time at leisure at your hotel The Loi Suite Iguazu. This hotel is located in a splendid jungle setting, surrounded by forest and at the river's edge. Enjoy relaxing by the pool or go on a nature walk in the forest. Please note there will be no compensation for not taking part in the visit of the Brazilian side of the falls.
Contacts of your hotels:
Hotel Alvear Art/Buenos Aires
Buenos Aires, ARGENTINA
Phone number: (+ 54) 11 4808-2100
Hotel Gran Meliá Iguazu
Iguazu National Park
Telephone: (+54) 37 5749 1800
Duration of the visits are given as a guide only. The order of the visits may be reversed. To know your PONANT flight schedule, please contact your travel agent; it is also indicated on your electronic ticket included in your travel documents.
Total TTC : 1.450 €
Selon disponibilités, tarif par passager.
POST TOUR PANORAMIQUE ET TRANSFERT VERS L'AÉROPORT DE MONTEVIDEO
Partez l’esprit léger, PONANT organise votre journée entre votre port de débarquement et l’aéroport.
Après avoir effectué les formalités de débarquement vous serez accueilli au port par notre représentant local.
Vous partirez en autocar pour une découverte de Montevideo.
Vous vous arrêterez Place de l’Indépendance. Au coeur de cette dernière se dresse un monument dédié au héros national José Gervasio Artigas et son mausolée. Faisant face à la place de l’Indépendance se situent la Chambre du Gouvernement et le Théâtre Solis. Puis vous emprunterez la rue principale animée et baptisée rue du « 18 Juillet ».
Continuation en bus, dans le quartier du Prado pour découvrirez un des plus vieux parcs de la ville qui abritent la sculpture de la Diligence ou “ Diligencia” et le Monument édifié à la mémoire des derniers Indiens Charrua.
Vous continuerez ensuite en direction du parc de Batlle & Ordoñez, puis passerez près de l’Obélisque, de la sculpture nommée « La Carreta » qui sont d’autres repères du mobilier sculptural urbain.
Avant de vous diriger vers l'aéroport, vous profiterez d'un magnifique panorama sur le littoral depuis la Plaza de la Armada.
Vous serez ensuite conduit à l’aéroport en correspondance avec le vol sélectionné par PONANT.
Votre programme comprend :
- Le transfert en autocar.
- Les visites et entrées telles que mentionnées au programme.
- Les services d’un guide francophone.
Votre programme ne comprend pas :
- Vos dépenses personnelles.
- Les autres services non mentionnés dans le programme.
Les durées et l’ordre des visites sont donnés à titre indicatif et sont sujets à modifications.
Pour connaître les horaires de votre vol PONANT, merci de contacter votre conseiller, vous pouvez également vous référer au billet électronique joint à votre carnet de voyage.
Total TTC : 70 €
Selon disponibilités, tarif par passager.